Monday, November 27, 2006
:: VideoEZY, anyone?
I think I'm going to sign up for VideoEZY's Lite Plan soon enough.
Ever since the VideoEZY store near my house closed down, I had not been renting DVDs much from VideoEZY anymore. The next nearest VideoEZY which has my prepaid rental credits being transferred to is at Rail Mall, somewhere rather inaccessible and it's a big hassle for me just to make a trip down for all my rental transactions. And each DVD from the catalogue costs 5 bucks now instead of the previous 3. Don't ask me why different stores of the same rental chain have varying prices. Imagine having to take a bus specially down just to rent/return a DVD - as compared to going downstairs like last time. What a big turnoff that is.
So I thought I found the perfect solution when I chanced on Laserflair at Bukit Panjang Plaza. And it is cheaper too, with each catalogued DVD costing 4 bucks which gives me a saving of one dollar per disc. However the problem with Laserflair is that the library is not big enough and most of the nicer DVDs are still on the New Release status. Which is extremely mind-boggling I could tell you, because some of the DVDs are like already a few months old. It appears that the people at Laserflair has a very twisted sense of definition to the term 'new release'.
So VideoEZY online now steps into the picture. With the cheapest plan starting out at 15++ per month, you are entitled to rent 3 DVDs for the whole month's duration. That works out to approximately 5 bucks per rental, but you get to have the disc delivered right into your mailbox within two or three working days. Saves yours truly the trouble of walking into some store. And the best part is the online catalogual library is extremely huge, meaning that I won't have to curse and swear next time when I fail to locate the sequel to Legally Blonde.
was here @ 10:10 PM | permalink
0 comments