<body>
Saturday, December 9, 2006

:: Arowana's Death

My dad's pet arowana died not too long ago. For the past few hours, it really looked weak and could not swim at all. It's almost body was almost lifeless and I could feel its breathing getting weaker as time past by. Finally my dad came out just now and concluded its death. He looked really sad as it was his favourite pet fish and spent lots of effort rearing it - changing water and buying food such as centipedes, crickets and small fishes for it to eat. Think he kinda cried abit, cause his moustache area looked kinda wet and he could not sleep at such a late timing despite him having to work tomorrow. Looks like the arowana didn't manage to complete its final meal. I could see the crickets and fishes was left relatively untouched. The cause of its death remains unknown. Perhaps its because of some medication that my dad added to its water one day ago. Maybe the water's pH level was imbalance - or maybe it's really time for it to go.

I felt a tinge of sadness for it. And a huge sense of regret.

Admittedly I have never liked that fish when it first came to our house. It appears to me that dad's always being lazy, and he would get sick and tired of whatever fishes he tried to rear hence neglecting them and ultimately driving them to their deaths. However his attitude for this particular arowana was different. He really loved it. But his indifferent son did not. I had argued with him countless of times over this fish, and thinking back I felt really bad for my constant threats to kill it off by pouring boiling water into its tank. I even refused to help change the aqurium water citing that it's too dirty a job. I'm just too childish. Dad was really worried about whether the fish could pull through tonight, yet I'm more concerned with watching my VCD. I can't explain my attitude. Maybe fishes are really not my kinda thing. Or maybe I simply have not grown up yet - I need to learn more about fundamental humane emotions such as love.

Sometimes, I can't felt but feel sad at myself why am I like this. Why can't I just take that little bit more effort and try to soak up my dad's enthusiasm, and give that poor arowana the basic respect it deserves at least.

Here's to you arowana. May you rest in peace.

was here @ 2:37 AM | permalink
0 comments

about ::


[pic to be added soon, if i feel like]

anthonian//rvian//saint//39sce
awaiting matriculation


wazzup ::


just bumming around, argh!


camwh0re ::


i hate taking pictures. just kidding lol.


holla! ::


coming soon. stay updated!


pals ::


elaine
jennie
taffy
zanxuan
zonglun

still in the processing of adding more links. patience please!


archives ::




misc ::


visitors' count






copyright 2006 (c) asdboy
powered by blogger