<body>
Sunday, December 3, 2006

:: Cybershot W70

Well I finally bought myself a digicam after so many years. Though I have no immediate use for it right now, I believe that a digicam will definitely come in handy pretty soon. It is always a much better option to have a digicam ready rather than using some stupid old analogue camera. And SITEX is going on right now, so I might as well take full use of this opportunity to buy a digicam on a reasonably good price and grab as many freebies as I can at the same time.

After trawling through some online reviews, I decided to go ahead with Sony's Cybershot DSC-W70. Yes it's not the best model out there offered by Sony, but I reckon it's good enough for an amateur photographer like me. In fact, I don't really take photographs for a start. So I guess it is better to keep check on my budget, rather than getting the latest models with those fanciful features. W70 has no internal image stabiliser (otherwise known to the layman as "anti-shake") but I reckon its relatively small size and user-friendly interface attracted me to it. However I heard that the images can turn out to be rather grainy or 'noisy' when the ISO (think of it simply as lens sensitivity) setting is too high. I'd try to play around with it when I have time - right now it's just being thrown and neglected at one corner of the living room.

And for those planning to get a digicam, the Samsung NV3 looks to be a rather cool choice. It's more expensive than my W70, but it definitely looks sleeker. Best of all, it functions like a MP3 player and is able to record movies at the newer MPEG-4 (or .mp4 if you'd prefer) format. But does not come with a cheap price too - it retails at around $599. Personally I found the onscreen menu quite complicated, but hey it's quite a good deal if you want a MP3 player and digicam combined into one.

Oh yeah one last thing, always always remember to ask for more freebies from salespersons before you go on to purchase the camera. Usually they would oblige by throwing something more in. A extra memory card perhaps? Not very expensive, but since it's free why not?

was here @ 2:12 AM | permalink
0 comments

about ::


[pic to be added soon, if i feel like]

anthonian//rvian//saint//39sce
awaiting matriculation


wazzup ::


just bumming around, argh!


camwh0re ::


i hate taking pictures. just kidding lol.


holla! ::


coming soon. stay updated!


pals ::


elaine
jennie
taffy
zanxuan
zonglun

still in the processing of adding more links. patience please!


archives ::




misc ::


visitors' count






copyright 2006 (c) asdboy
powered by blogger