Tuesday, December 19, 2006
:: First Part-Time Job
Hurray! Got my first-ever part-time job already. Apparently I'm supposed to tutor a class of Primary 4 kids at some RC centre 2 times per week. One and a half hour for each session. Yes I know the time might sound abit crappy and the pay peanuts, but I'd still decide to give it a shot since I have nothing on so far as well. But it appears to be a long-term commitment which will probably stretch into my uni days, so I hope I would be able to cope. I'm bad at managing my time, but we shall see how it goes. For now, everything looks fine. And I didn't even manage to go through any sort of interview at all - it appears that the coordinator is too lazy to keep an eye out for more experienced tutors, so she'd just rostered me into the whole thing. Hope I won't disappoint her, cause she's really a very nice lady it seems (and she's my age too lol!). Just don't screw up my probation period and get used to the idea of teaching, and things should flow smoothly. If all goes well that is..
And I'm officially a home tutor now. My first assigment is that of a Secondary Two student, and I have to coach him on four subjects - English, Chinese, History and Literature. Yes FOUR subjects. That's quite a chunk ain't it. I wonder how am I going to specialise at all. And all my knowledge of History and Literature comes from my lower secondary studies. Somehow I have a bad premonition about this whole thingy, and the fees ain't exactly fantastic but I'd just take it anyway since students are such rare gems to come by these days. Oh well.
Oh yeah I got splashed by a puddle of water while waiting for a cab to take to the RC today. It was a grey Mercs which vroom-ed past us and got me wet. Think ZL wasn't spared too. I hate that driver - so what if it's a Mercs huh, I hope all the water will get inside your engine parts and make them rust. Hehehe!
was here @ 12:58 AM | permalink
0 comments