<body>
Thursday, December 21, 2006

:: More Tuition

Home tuition yesterday night as a nightmare. 15 dollars per hour for tutoring a lower secondary school kid is like so way below the prevailing market rate. Yes I know I'm new to this, but doesn't mean that I deserve to be treated like some form of cheap tutoring solution. Actually what turned me off is not the money primarily, but rather it's the mom that I'm most dissatisfied about. She dictates everything that is to be done every lesson, and there's like so much tasks squeezed into that paltry two hours! I have to explain to the kid English and Chinese newspaper articles, vocab mistakes, comprehension mistakes, listen to him read out Chinese model essays, explain to him Chinese textbook articles.. and the list goes on. What's truly infuriating is that I have to copy like so many words with their meanings into an exercise book for him. I mean, isn't this what the student and not the tutor should do?! And the student is like giving me attitude problem, appearing very bored. Come on dude, I'm feeling even worse than you are!

And he's from CHINESE HIGH INSTITUTION. For those uninitiated, it's previously known as The Chinese High School. Which is like the number 3 school in the whole of Singapore.

But the RC tutoring experience this evening was so much nicer. 2 more joined the Primary 4 class, one malay boy Zul and a chinese girl Shannon. Luckily the chinese girl was rather enthusiastic and she soon made friends with the first chinese girl Michelle. Michelle appeared very and quiet 2 days ago, but became extremely chatty once Shannon sits besides her. Argh they're getting outta hand - I ought to be the baddie and separate them next lesson lol! But at least there's some form of rapport going on between me and the kids, though I still appeared to be at a loss when I learnt about the difference in their academic ability. Let's just hope I'm more able to pace the lesson next time round. This is starting to get a little fun hehe.

was here @ 11:10 PM | permalink
0 comments

about ::


[pic to be added soon, if i feel like]

anthonian//rvian//saint//39sce
awaiting matriculation


wazzup ::


just bumming around, argh!


camwh0re ::


i hate taking pictures. just kidding lol.


holla! ::


coming soon. stay updated!


pals ::


elaine
jennie
taffy
zanxuan
zonglun

still in the processing of adding more links. patience please!


archives ::




misc ::


visitors' count






copyright 2006 (c) asdboy
powered by blogger