Wednesday, December 13, 2006
:: Of Bird Shit and Overpriced Clothings
Was walking from Wisma towards Plaza Singapura for Carl's Junior earlier on with YZ, and an incident happened halfway through the journey. There is this stretch of road just outside of Somerset MRT station which gets really very noisy during evening times due to the weird phenomenon of countless birds hovering above that area, and YZ was complaining about how noisy the birds were. I was just joking about what he should do if he suddenly felt some form of wetness on his body, and before I could even finish my sentence he yelled out that a bird actually pooed on his finger. Imagine the odds of bird shitting on him as I talked to him about, well, bird shit! He hurried off to the toilet at Specialist's Shopping Centre to clean up while I was reminded of that unfortunate day when a bird actually shitted on my hand while I walking out of camp one day. Some of the shit actually splattered onto my bag too. Yikes!
And I didn't know there's this brand of clothing called Paul Smith till YZ showed me. Apparently a normal shirt costs about 450++ over there. Yes it's almost half a grand and I'm not making a typo over here, I was too scared by the price tag to even venture into the outlet to take a look at the other apparel. Picture this very possible scenario: You happily bought that half-grand shirt and wore it to show it off to your friends, and all you get is "What Smith? Is that some pasar malam brand?" One of the setbacks of buying overly-expensive apparels. Walked into cK and Armani|Exchange shops in Taka, and I wondered who in the right frame of mind would actually fork out that kinda money to pay for those ostentatious goods. Unless you happen to be some kinda millionaire of course. I'll be glad to be your fashion consultant then - just buy me that Timberland jacket as a token of appreciation will do. :)
Anyway I fixed the problem of the overhead graphics. It appears that Imageshack.us deleted the image for some unknown reasons and I have since re-uploaded another new image to replace the old one. Hope the layout is back to normal again.
was here @ 2:41 AM | permalink
0 comments