<body>
Sunday, December 3, 2006

:: Stanchart Failure

Alright I'd confess - I did not run the Stanchart Marathon today. Yes I did signed up for it, and was actually rather really looking forward to doing the full 42.1km marathon. Paid a freaking money for it too. But things have changed, new problems surfaced - leading to the diminished desire to take part in the event, and ultimately I decided to forgo the whole thing since I'm both not mentally and physically prepared for it. The only so-called training I have done is two moderate runs around my area, while most of the time I'm just slacking around after my ORD day.

It's sickening. I AM a Stanchart failure. Afterall it doesn't matter whether you run or walk, as long as you somehow made it past the finishing line (irregardless of your timing) you're considered a winner. And here I am, not even having the courage to take part in it. It feels kinda painful.

I tried to avoid anything that would remind me of the run today lest I feel bad. Maybe it's fate, or maybe it's just down to bad luck I can't seem to avoid it. One of first thing I saw when I got out of home today was a girl wearing the Stanchart blue singlet. It appears that she took part in the full marathon. A physically-able healthy guy like me can't even hold a candle to a girl. How shameless I felt at that time! The bus I am going to take has some notice in front of it, saying that part of the route will be disrupted due to the run. And to top it off, the bus went past the Standard Chartered bank at Hillview.

Totally wonderful.

was here @ 2:56 PM | permalink
0 comments

about ::


[pic to be added soon, if i feel like]

anthonian//rvian//saint//39sce
awaiting matriculation


wazzup ::


just bumming around, argh!


camwh0re ::


i hate taking pictures. just kidding lol.


holla! ::


coming soon. stay updated!


pals ::


elaine
jennie
taffy
zanxuan
zonglun

still in the processing of adding more links. patience please!


archives ::




misc ::


visitors' count






copyright 2006 (c) asdboy
powered by blogger