Saturday, January 27, 2007
:: It's the Effort
Sometimes it's just the effort.
And I think the truth cannot be further than that. Many a times I am sure everyone has faced with something they do not really want to do, for whatever reasons. I shan't go into the validity of the reasons - it might be actually understandable, it might be totally off or perhaps there isn't even any reason at all to being with. But ultimately whether we go ahead and agree to do it, I think it is actually the conscious making of the individual. We might do something for the sake of it, cause we felt compelled and therefore had to oblige to agree. Or maybe we would actually do it voluntarily, say for some cause or perhaps even some people. Otherwise we could just stick to our own original intentions and just plainly not do it. The outcome of these three decisions might vary, and in some cases they can have very drastically different consequences.
I am confident to say that we have undertaken the abovementioned three decisions before. Some of us would feel more obliged than others and would naturally do more things against their truest wishes, while others would have a strong sense of principle and they might not waver that easily from what their starting intentions were. But of course some things have to be done cause something or someone actually would end up better if they are accomplished.
In short, it's all in the effort.
Effort that we put in to try to fight for the cause and to make it work, effort that we put in to try and make other individuals feel happier. While it sounds stupid that we sometimes would have to go against our wishes, it doesn't necessary mean that it's a bad thing at all. It could perhaps lead to an improvement of certain conditions, or it could just be as simple as brightening somebody's day up. Suppose if everyone stuck to their guns, I wonder what would this world turn out to be.
I believe that if we want something for ourself, we would go out and try our best in it. Same goes for today's topic - if we desire to improve a certain condition or to brighten somebody's day, we would still find ways to actually achieve that. Though if you're lucky, you can get it done easily with much interest on your part. But life rarely works that way, and usually we would be faced with conflicting decisions. That's when the importance of that object or person would come into light.
All the smileys made, all the assurances that everything would be okay. Behind all these are just expressions of sheer surrender. It appears to come to a point when one just feels so helpless. Sometimes I'd always tell myself not to expect anything at all, because I know that I would much happier if I received even that little something compared to a total zilch. But apparently it doesn't work out that well with myself. Lol, maybe I should just indulge myself in work and stay in the office during the weekends to do something more productive instead of thinking about crappy stuffs. :)
was here @ 1:24 AM | permalink
1 comments